The signs of hindgut ulcers can vary, but a common sign to watch out for is loose manure; this can include anything from diarrhea to normal-formed manure with a liquid component expressed at the same time.
Other typical symptoms include:
- Sensitivity in the flank area
- Difficulty bending, collecting, and extending
- Soft or loose droppings or diarrhea
- Repetitive behaviours like weaving or cribbing
- Sudden dislike of grooming and rugging
The content of this article should not be considered, or used as a substitute for, veterinary medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.